Friday, March 12, 2010

Bruchim Haba'im - Welcome!

Wow. This is incredibly new and exciting.

It's an hour before Shabbat, and in the spirit of creativity, I decided to start this in response to a friend who said, "...engaged active Jews interested in practice and prayer...are exactly the people most needed by the Conservative Movement. What is their reason for not wanting to be a part of the Conservative Movement? Not wanting to go to Conservative shuls? They don’t want to be there because the other people like them aren’t there. Where are they? At the post-denominational minyan. Why? Because that’s where they all are.

They seem to see no need to put in the work to revitalize the Movement that fosters the institutions that sustain them. They see the old guard, the leftovers of the suburban age of Conservative Judaism (which I think/hope is ending) and they jump ship thinking that even if they could change something, it’s not their responsibility to do so.

It’s mine. And sometimes I feel very very alone."

You are far from alone. I'm right there with you. And this is why I'm starting this blog: it's a record of my feelings and actions on this journey towards renaissance. I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment