As I prepared to confess to the blogosphere that I can't see "100 Voices" anymore because I have class then (thank you Barnard for giving me a schedule!), I realized that I've had this blog for months and I have not really mentioned Shefa before.
WHAT? (Sorry, Rabbi Menachem!)
The Shefa Network, founded by my friend and teacher Rabbi Menachem Creditor, is mainly a discussion group, but it is also a website and a source of study and reflection for Conservative Jews. When I came home from USY's Summer in the City feeling like I needed more in my life as a Conservative Jew, I somehow came upon Shefa. I have never regretted joining. We call Shefa "The Conservative/Masorti Movement Dreaming From Within" - and we truly do that. Our Conservative community spans continents, yet we dream and talk and think together. Shefa is a place for personal expression and growth as well as communal expression and growth; my thinking about Conservative Judaism and the Conservative Movement has developed greatly thanks to Shefa. This has enabled me to take the step of contributing to two of our ShefaJournals!
If you've ever felt like your voice has not been heard or that your voice needs to develop when it comes to Conservative Jewish issues, or if you just want to learn more about what many Conservative Jews are thinking, join Shefa. I hope Shefa can do even more for you that what it has done for me. See http://www.shefanetwork.org/.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment